Monday, August 27, 2007

Filling the void

My regular home on net - MGs - has become a little bit of a mixed bag in terms of content. It is also suffering in the post Facebook era from a severe lack of attention. However, with the setting up of this blog I am hereby attempting to resurrect my online presence (chest pressed out all proud like).

I have been thinking about splitting content for this site away form my more personal blog for a while, but it wasn't until listening to a presentation from the clever Jonny Bentwood, where he pointed out that my social media influence was being diminished by lack of relevance, that tipped the scales. Could I be influential if I was more targeted in my communication? Well probably not, but I think it is nice to have a more relevant and focused blog anyways.

So here it is, a blog dedicated to my rants about media, marketing and PR.

I doubt there will anything too ground breaking or revolutionary here, but it will be nice to reinstate my blogging presence - especially if the chat on the web from the likes of Hugh MacLeod that traditional blogging is on the wane is true. Could this blog be landing in a gaping void?

Doubt it...

No comments: