Sunday, September 16, 2007

Jeremy read the bloody paper that publishes your column



Many people have opinions on Jeremy Clarkson, and it is undoubted that his ability to divide and create scorn within some sectors of the British populace is at least part of the reason for his success. I love Top Gear and I love Jeremy's tongue in cheek non-PC attitude, but reading his column this week in today's Sunday Times has me somewhat confused.


The target of this week's column titled 'Dial M for a mobile I can actually work' is the mobile phone industry and the complexity of modern mobile phones. I can understand how people could get confused by modern mobiles and the myriad of functions some offer - that is not what confuses me. What confuses me is how the Sunday Times allowed an article to be published that voices Jeremy's dismay that phones are not reviewed in newspapers.


The Sunday Times regularly reviews mobile phones in print in the In Gear Section. Countless other papers review phones as well. Surely sub editors should be reading other newspapers, or even their own newspaper, and realise Jeremy's comments are not accurate and should be edited - shouldn't they?


No comments: